- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions (scallions)
- 1 8-ounce carton light sour cream
- 1/2 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- (Neufchatel), softened
- 1-2 pkts Vegecolor™, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups fresh vegetable dippers or 64 whole grain crackers
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place bell pepper, carrot pieces, and green onions on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, removing the green onions after 10 minutes. Let cool. Peel off the pepper skin if you wish.
- Put the vegetables and Vegecolor in a food processor. Pulse vegetables until they are chopped into small pieces.
- Pulse in the sour cream, cream cheese, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Cover and chill for up to 3 days. To serve, stir dip. Serve with vegetables or crackers.