Vegecolor™ Savory Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup E. EXCEL Essential Blend™ oil
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packets of Vegecolor™
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons finely julienned fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/425°F. Butter or use paper liners on two regular 12-muffin tins. The recipe makes about 24 regular size muffins, or 48 mini muffins.
- Combine the eggs, milk and Essential Blend oil in a large bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, Vegecolor, salt and baking powder in another bowl and add to the liquid mixture in batches, stirring to blend. Don’t overblend!
- Add the zucchini and basil and stir to blend.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes for regular size muffins, 15-20 minutes for mini muffins, until the tops are golden brown and puffy.